Unless you’re living under a rock, you’ve probably been hearing about cauliflower A LOT lately. I wrote earlier this year about how it has taken kale’s title of trendiest veggie. I’m a mega fan of the veggie, and will eat my cauli raw, roasted, baked, and also, made into “rice.” I actually LOVE buying the frozen kind from Trader Joe’s when you can find it in stock, and plenty of grocers are now carrying it in the vegetable section so all the work is done for you. It’s a fantastic substitute for rice, the texture is very similar and personally, I like the taste even better!
If you don’t find a premade version here’s how you do it: cut up the cauliflower into large florets and toss in a food processor. Done! Once you have the cauliflower chopped up into rice-sized pieces, sauté it in a pan or wok with whatever ingredients you choose. Fried rice like you see first is what everyone loves but there are so many ways to eat it, to get in your veggies, and your carb fix all in one. Talk about a power meal! I’ve rounded up several recipes that I’m excited to try; what are some you’ve tried?
1. Fried Rice via The Recipe Critic
2. Chicken Enchilada Rice Bowl via Recipe Runner
3. Garlic Parmesan Rice via Kirbie’s Cravings
4. Mexican Rice via Eat Within Your Means
5. Paella with Shrimp and Sausage via Apron Strings Blog
6. Rice & Beans via Nutritionicity
7. Tabbouleh via Wholesomeilicious
8. Mixed Veggie Rice via Damn Delicious
9. Tikka Rice via Amuse Your Bouche
10. Zucchini & Kielbasa Rice via The Food Charlatan