If you know me — or have seen me eat — you know my avocado obsession is major. Perhaps it started with my many a Mexican meal… you ladies don’t know the lengths I’d go to for loaded nachos, or chips and gauc. But in recent years, I’ve regularly started purchasing avocados and put them on my salads, with homemade taco night, on top of a regular or veggie burger.
And, it’s clear I’m not the only one. After all, avocados — which are actually a fruit — are rich in good mono-saturated fats, interestingly has lots of potassium (more than a banana!), can help lower cholesterol, help eye sight, keep arthritis at bay, and lots of other health-related benefits.
It’s now easier than ever to get avocado in your diet, namely thanks to the popularity of vegan restaurants and of course, avocado toast. It’s super easy to make, and it’s easy to layer with other delicious foods — I love it with smoked salmon or an egg over medium, or both! I’ve been finding some major avocado toast inspiration around the web lately, and thought I’d share as I try to mix it up in my kitchen as well. I’m definitely going to try a few of these soon!
1. Lemon Juice, Cayenne Pepper + Chili Flakes via Annie Reeves
2. Fried Egg via Greatist
3. Heirloom Tomatoes with Balsamic Drizzle via Blissful Basil (make mini bruschetta versions for a party appetizer!)
4. Smoked Salmon via Olive Magazine
5. Nectarine and Almond via Miss Marzipan (yum, sweet and creamy with a hint of spice!)
6. Mexican Grilled Corn via How Sweet It Is (I’m absolutely testing this “deconstructed taco”)
7. Strawberry & Balsamic Glaze, via I Wash You Dry
8. Kale and Radish via Skinny Taste
9. Quinoa and Goat Cheese via Simply Quinoa
10. Pomegranate and Pistachio Relish via Dishing Up the Dirt