I have to confess, I’d love to be a fab cook and dish up delicious meals every night but it doesn’t happen these days. Our house at 6 pm is straight up crazy town. We are mega fans of eggs, which perk: cook up crazy fast, are healthy and satisfying.
For brunches (including Easter this weekend), or breakfast on-the-go, these adorable little frittatas are super delicious and satisfying. Plus, who doesn’t love anything bite-size? The best part of this muffin tin frittata recipe if that you can customize a million ways. Think about how you like your omelet and then toss the ingredients in and get cooking. We’ve used ingredients like bacon, spinach, mushrooms, onion, smoked salmon, cheese, asparagus, and broccoli.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- about 3 cups loosely packed spinach, roughly chopped
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup feta cheese (cheddar, goat cheese or other also works)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon on griddle until crispy.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute spinach until cooked.
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Mix in spinach, cooked bacon and feta. Spoon in mixture until about 1/2 to 2/3 full in each muffin cup (I went a little overboard on mine, hence the more “average” yet equally delicious shape!).
- Bake in the preheated oven until frittatas are set in the middle and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Pop in yo’ mouth!